Regional Sales Manager Food Service | Northeast
Founded in 2017, Simply Good Jars (SGJ) is an early-stage food-tech startup that preserves fresh food while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, healthy, ready-to-eat meals at the intersection of convenience, quality, health, and sustainability. We are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is manufactured and delivered at scale. Simply Good Jars is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA and we are backed by some amazing investors in the fresh food space and beyond.
About the Role:
The Regional Sales Manager – Food Service is responsible to manage the Company’s (“SGJ”) Foodservice sales efforts in the Northeastern US and to accomplish the sales objectives for that region, within the approved budget. This is a dynamic position accountable for managing and optimizing the relationship across key strategic customers, foodservice mgmt. providers, distributors, and other indirect customers in multiple classes of trade such as Hospitals, Colleges and Universities, Sports & Entertainment, Airports, and Vending/Micro-Marts. You will also closely with the Simply Good Jars sales operation teams and distributors to ensure strong execution of your plans. You will be responsible for maintaining deep local knowledge of our distribution, developing collaborative and effective relationships, and identifying market specific growth opportunities while executing a sales strategy to capitalize on them. This role willdirectly impact the success of Simply Good Jars through driving sales growth, building market share and increasing brand awareness.
The role reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer “CGO”, with direct cross functional interaction with the Director of Customer Success, the marketing team, and operations to ensure a collaborative and strategic approach to growing the business. If you're looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic, and entrepreneurial environment, you’ve found the right place.
What you'll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product, mission and how we sell to effectively partner with key customers and distributor teams
- Forge strong partnership with Distributor Sales team and demonstrate best practices to rapidly increase our presence in the Foodservice channel
- Develop and maintain relationships within multiple classes of trade and open new accounts to grow brand visibility and distribution
- Plan and prepare innovation launches, new retail programs and market blitzes
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them, and analyze sales data; trade/business analytics
- Find efficiencies in supply chain and products to hit MOQ’s while entering new spaces
- Weekly/Monthly/Yearly forecasting responsibility across all channels
- Develop quarterly sales forecast and marketing objectives with the CGO for each market in the Northeastern Region and report monthly on the progress.
- Attend major tradeshows and manage leads generated
- Update and maintain the Company’s ERP software (NetSuite) on a weekly basis, including notes of comments regarding all conversations with contacts, written correspondence and commitments made on behalf of the Company
- Maintain accurate hard copy files of all Company correspondence and provide the sales Coordinator with duplicate copies to be maintained at the Company’s main office.
- Travel to the Company’s main office up to once a month
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in foodservice or distributor sales
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency
- Ability to accomplish objectives with minimal supervision
- Good trouble shooter with strong multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience integrated ERP software, NetSuite a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred to Have:
- Excitement and passionate about our mission, products, and sustainability
- Think big, work collaboratively, and move quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you're comfortable with the inherent ambiguity in building a new role and you are energized by the process of building something impactful and lasting from the ground up
- Business sense - has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
- Commitment to excellence - perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communicator - able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
- Team player - have team-oriented experience and approach.
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- 50% paid for medical, dental, and vision benefits ($100/mo. for dependents) as well as life, disability and a whole lot more
- Equity in our company
- Flexible PTO
Additional Information | Requirements
This is a full-time regular 100% remote position, based in Northeast US covering NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, Washington DC, MD
This role requires flexible and regular travel within your respective region and live no more than an hour from a major airport
- 50% of time will be traveling in local regions.
- Have a car to use in the performance of your duties.
- Valid driver’s license and meet Company’s Vehicle Policy which includes a good driving history.