Director of Customer Success
Founded in 2017, Simply Good Jars (SGJ) is an early-stage food-tech startup that preserves fresh food while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, healthy, ready-to-eat meals to customers on the East Coast at the intersection of convenience, quality, health, and sustainability. We are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is manufactured and delivered at scale. Simply Good Jars is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA and we are backed by some amazing investors in the fresh food space and beyond.
About the Role:
The Director of Customer Success is responsible to manage the Company’s (“SGJ”) customer service activities in the Eastern US. by setting the overall vision for the Account Management organization, focusing on leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross renewals and net retention improvements.
The Director of Customer Success primary outside relationships will be with brokers, retail distributors, retail corporate management, as well as retail and foodservice customers. Cross functional communication will be with the Chief Growth Officer, Regional Sales Managers, Operations, and Logistics.
What you'll do:
- Foster relationships with existing customers to improve customer experience
- Coordinate closely and frequently with Operations Team (Distribution, Fulfillment and Production) to ensure high-level execution and OTIF fulfillment rate above 95%
- Lead customer set-up process for entire sales organization (new item paperwork, new vendor paperwork, ERP customer management and entry)
- Define and lead the order management process for entire sales organization as part of the sales process (sales order entry & invoicing)
- Review, analyze and communicate changes or activity that could affect the 24-month demand plan including promotional activity, assumptions, and any significant changes on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work collaboratively with sales management to manage national accounts, including Bill Back program and deductions in concert with accounting team
- On call for production and shipping related issues
- Address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
- Update and maintain the Company’s ERP software (NetSuite) on a weekly basis, including notes of comments regarding all conversations with contacts, written correspondence and commitments made on behalf of the Company
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Define and optimize customer lifecycle by driving programs and initiatives to improve engagement approaches based on customer segmentation (channel, region, etc) and leading a culture of continuous improvement in the sales organization.
- Develop company-wide customer success metrics through developing integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e,g., Marketing, Sales, R&D, Operations, etc)
- Work closely with the sales management and regional directors and/or managers to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, coverage plans, and account opportunities (i.e., opportunities and risks)
- Work collaboratively with sales management to expand our revenue in accounts through new sales and up-sell opportunities with current and future products
This job description will be reviewed and revised by management from time to time, as needed, and does not exclude the employee from being required to perform additional tasks.
Who You Are
- 5+ years Demonstrated progressive experience leading customer success managers, account management, or sales teams.
- Proven experience leading teams, driving new and expansion sales, driving product adoption, and leveraging customer success best practices
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful outcomes
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives
- Holds strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Willing and able to address escalated client issues with speed and urgency
- 3+ years’ experience working within ERP systems, preferably NetSuite
- 2+ years’ experience with order management and entry (sales orders, invoices, etc)
Preferred to Have
- Excitement and passionate about our mission, products and sustainability
- Think big, work collaboratively, and move quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you're comfortable with the inherent ambiguity in building a new role and you are energized by the process of building something impactful and lasting from the ground up
- Business sense - has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
- Commitment to excellence - perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communicator - able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
- Team player - have team-oriented experience and approach.
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- 50% paid for medical, dental, and vision benefits ($100/mo for dependents) as well as life, disability and a whole lot more
- Equity in our company
- Flexible PTO
Additional Information | Requirements
- This is a full-time, regular, 100% remote position- based on the East Coast
- Holiday coverage; After hours calls and Saturday calls as required during issue escalation.
- Travel to trade shows, customer meetings, regional food shows, and Simply Good Jars manufacturing facilities as needed.